NOT AVAILABLE ON MONDAYS
Academy Gallery Tickets
Buy your Ticket and Skip the Line! We delivery directly at your Hotel in Florence
The Academy Gallery is famous the world over because under its roof we can observe the imposing David by Michelangelo, but what else do we know? ”David”, the absolute masterpiece by Michelangelo, and a must for every visitor who wants to enjoy the treasures of Florence, was sculpted between 1501-1504. He was meant to decorate the outside of the Duomo, but instead decorated Piazza della Signoria where it stayed until 1873.
It’s imposing structure emanates energy, vigour and courage, and symbolizes Man’s struggle in life. His anatomy is the product of in-depth studies carried out by the great artist. In addition to David, we can also admire other statues by this artist, as well as an interesting collection of paintings from the Middle Ages, Renaissance and early 17th century, paintings by major artists working in and around Florence.
The collection is especially important for its gold-ground paintings, and late-gothic polyptychs, complete in all their parts.
There is also a collection of sculptures in plaster by the 19th-century sculptors Lorenzo Bartolini and Luigi Pampaloni.
For music lovers, it may be interesting to note that the Gallery has been further enriched by an important collection of ancient musical instruments from the Cherubini Music Academy.
Opening Hours: Tuesday to Sunday 08:15 am-6:50 pm (closing procedures start at 6:30 pm). CLOSED: Mondays; January 1st; May 1st; December 25th.
Price and tickets: Price includes ticket, booking fee and on-line booking fee.
Reduced Price Ticket (European Union citizens only): aged 18 to 25.
Free Ticket (European Union citizens only): children under 18. Reservation is always due except for children under the age of 6. (Please do not include children under the age of 6 in the booking request – tickets not necessary). Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult. People with disabilities and their companion are free of charge, in this case the ticket and reservation will not be necessary (they must have a valid medical documentation of the disability).
- On-line reservation is allowed for a maximum of 25 persons. For groups of more than 25 persons please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Important: reservation must be made with a minimum of 1 working day notice.
- Your order will be processed by“Under The Tuscan Sun Tours” according to your flexibility. If “Under The Tuscan Sun Tours” is not able to confirm the date or the time you request, you will be offered an alternative date or time. “Under The Tuscan Sun Tourss” will then immediately proceed with full refund of the total amount in the event of non-acceptance.
- After your reservation, our automatic system will send you a email include the confirmation voucher, the booking code and all further detailed information.
- Please note: we delivery your tickets directly at your hotel (concierge) under your name
- Please note, you will be asked to show an I.D. at the museum entrance.
Cancellation Policy: in case of cancellation, please send us an email email@example.com. If the cancellation is made at least 30 days before the date of the visit, the cancellation penalty is € 8.50 for each ticket. For cancellation made less than 30 days before the date of the visit the cancellation penalty is 100%.
Other important information: Please make sure you insert your e-mail address correctly in the reservation form and check that your anti-spam filter or antivirus are not blocking e-mails from our address firstname.lastname@example.org. In case you do not receive any communication from “Under The Tuscan Sun Tours” within 48 hours, please contact us immediately at the e-mail address email@example.com. “Under The Tuscan Sun Tours” guarantees to answer your request within 48 hours, but cannot be responsible for the correct functioning of your e-mail address or mistakes made by you during booking.