You will visit a first-class winery and taste the best selection of Tuscan wines (Chianti DOCG, Chianti Classico, Chianti Riserva, Supertuscan, Brunello, Nobile, Pinot..). Lunch or Dinner there are included. Drive Through Tuscany!
Balsamic Vinegar & Pecorino Cheese Tasting Tour
- Travel by Mercedes or equivalent-level luxury car or minibus with an English-speaking driver (approx. 10 hours).
- Tour of a Balsamic vinegar maker and a Pecorino maker.
- Guided tasting of Balsamic vinegar and Parmesan cheese by English-speaking industry experts.
- A visit to one or two small towns to explore the local art and architectural sites.
- Booking for lunch in a lovely, typical Wine Estate (meal, wine/olive oil/balsamic tasting included).
- Private Tour
Discover Chianti Wine Region in the Most Delicious Way!
- Taste incredible gourmet products straight from the local producer
- Visit charming San Gimignano and explore wonderful art and architectural sites
- Visit Balsamic vinegar maker and have tasting session of local specialities
- Learn about production and ageing of Pecorino cheese
- Visit the famous Chianti Wine Region
Full-day private services of a luxury vehicle with English-speaking driver
The heartland of Tuscany is lush with green, fertile plains. Here a farming heritage has produced some of the world’s most esteemed gourmet delicacies. Balsamic vinegar aged to sweet, tangy perfection, a piece of Pecorino cheese with an ever-so-slight crunch, a slice of salty, intense prosciutto ham; these are the flavors that await you. Your delicious Balsamic Vinegar and Pecorino Tour begins when your private English-speaking driver picks you up from your accommodations. Your first visit will be to a fine Pecorino producer in the San Gimignano and Chianti area. You will discover the secrets of Pecorino. A tasting of these savory regional specialties will start your day.
Your Balsamic Vinegar and Pecorino Tour continues around Chianti, the famous wine region. A culinary secret even to Italians outside this small city until approximately 20 years ago, authentic Balsamic vinegar is made from local grapes and aged for at least 12 years in special wooden barrels. The vinegar is frequently aged much longer, even surpassing 25 years in aging barrels! The secrets of authentic Balsamic vinegar have been passed down by local women for generations, and the aging barrels were so valuable they were included in a bride’s dowry. After visiting an acetaia (Balsamic vinegar maker) and tasting the delicious, sweet, tangy flavors, you will enjoy a delicious meal either at the acetaia or a traditional trattoria. You’ll enjoy excellent classic recipes like homemade pasta and cured meats, particularly the Prosciutto ham that have made this area famous.
Please note that the address must be complete, accurate and within the city limits of Modena, Parma, Bologna, Florence. If your pick-up point is outside the city center, a surcharge of 0.85 Euro cents per km from the center of Modena, Parma, Bologna, Florence will be applied. This amount must be paid directly to the driver.