An amazing day between history and nature and you´ll be picked up and dropped off at your ship with a local private driver and local private guide.
Pompeii, Herculaneum, Oplontis & Stabia Tour
- The guidance
- Full-day transportation in a Mercedes and a driver (pick up and drop off at your accommodation)
- Private Tour (1-4 people)
The Archaeological Surroundings of Pompeii
When Vesuvius erupted on 24 August AD 79, it engulfed the two flourishing Roman towns of Pompei and Herculaneum, as well as the wealthy villages of Oplontis and Stabiae.
A walk in Pompeii is a very intense experience; you’ll have the feeling of wandering in a still alive town. I will explain to you the history of the town and how the Romans lived showing you all the most important public buildings and private houses.
Herculaneum is much smaller but better preserved than Pompeii. It is still possible seeing second stories, carbonized wooden objects, intact paintings, and mosaics. With our explanation, we’ll make the city come to life.
Oplontis is one of the four villages buried in the 79 AD by the Mount Vesuvius. Here have been discovered the Villa named of Poppea, an imperial building probably belonging to the Emperor’s Nero second wife. It preserves the world most beautiful Roman frescos.
Stabiae was an important village just 5 Km south of Pompeii. It is the place where the Admiral and Historian Plinius the Elder landed to observe the volcanic eruption and to rescue his friends living there.
Two vast and very well preserved Villas named San Marco and Arianna are visible today in Stabia.
- Pick up at the port or at your accommodation
- 2-hour guided tour of Pompeii
- Transfer to Stabiae and guided tour
- Transfer to Oplontis and guided tour
- Stop for lunch at a typical restaurant
- Transfer to Herculaneum and guided tour
- Back to the port or at your accommodation